Cauliflower Fried Rice
This flavorful creation is full of delicious veggies, loaded with protein, fiber and low in carbs! It’s grain free, naturally gluten free, & paleo.
One of the best things about this recipe aside from being full of flavor is the ability to use any veggies you have left over in your fridge to make meals for the next few days – almost anything goes!
Prep time:30 mins Cook time: 30mins Servings : 4
1 head of cauliflower (SHORT CUT- BUY PRE-MADE CAULIFLOWER RICE AT TRADER JOE’S, WHOLE FOODS OR YOUR GROCER’S PRODUCE OR FROZEN FOOD SECTION)
1 pound of shrimp (deveined and peeled- or any lean meat/fish/tofu will do)
1/2 cup egg white
1 cup bell peppers (diced)
1/2 medium sweet onion (diced)
1 carrot (peeled & diced)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (shitake, white, or portabella)
1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
1 medium zucchini (peeled & diced)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup Bragg’s Aminos
1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- If you don’t buy it pre chopped then chop cauliflower into small pieces and place into food processor until florets look like rice (be careful not to make it too small) *if you don’t have a food processor you can dice it by hand until very small pieces the size of rice.
- In a small sauté pan cook diced shrimp in EVOO or cooking spray and set aside.
- In separate pan cook egg whites and set aside.
- In a very large sauté pan or wok coated with cooking spray throw in all of the diced veggies (NOT The cauliflower).
- Once veggies have slightly browned add in shrimp , chopped cauliflower and egg whites, garlic & cilantro.
- Add Bragg’s amino’s and stir until all of the ingredients are mixed together and lightly coated in sauce.
Per Serving: Calories: 262; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 143mg; Sodium: 754mg; Potassium: 1243mg; Carbohydrate: 21g; Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 11g; Protein: 29g
Vit C: 258%; Vit A: 49%; Calcium: 14%; Iron: 11%